20 June 2011

Community of Love from the Beginning

Sister Dominica Marie, OPD shares her thoughts about co-founding the OPD Community

Since becoming part of the Ecumenical OPD, Sister has formed the Warmth of Love Ministry (click here) and is a member of the OPD Convent (click here).

What led you to help form the Ecumenical OPD Community?
In the beginning there was direction given from the Mother of our savior she led me and I followed her to each avenue I needed to reach the arms of her son. Her direction was so kind and loving that my devotion grew with love. The very love that her son gave to her, she placed within me.

So before time God had a plan. His plan for my direction led me to the Dominican Community where I became involved with the three greatest individuals that were ever placed in my life. They had the same desires that were in my heart. So our journey began and we formed a community together.

Promises made with love
The greatest day of my life was the day I made promises directly to the God of my heart. As I entered the chapel to begin the completion of my desire to serve God, our habits were displayed on the altar below a statue of our dear Blessed Mother! What a beautiful surprise! Our Blessed Lady again was guiding me to what should be. As preparation was under way many devoted followers came to witness and participate in the formation of our Community and the blessing of our habits. With the direction of our Prior, Brother Tomas, the three of us sat---as candidates---waiting to be called to the altar. At that moment I went into prayer and felt the highest contentment one could possibly feel. It was as if the gates of heaven were about to open to give me direct merging to the heart of He who created us. Then all began, it was like floating to the unknown! As I made my promises I could feel the spirit covering my heart. I could feel my soul receive the spirit. It was a joy that can’t be explained and it existed within me! I then understood all that was given from Christ, my spouse, for the grandeur of his love. One must from the beginning understand the direction given from the heavens in order to pursue this desire of love. The happiness that was felt that day spread to the community who witnessed what was made in heaven. The joy and laughter of the community reached back up to the heavens. The presence of our God was among us. This was the beginning of our ministry.

Making us stronger in God
Many tribulations and mishaps came our way which included rejection from some who were with us in the beginning, but these obstacles had to be overcome in order to be placed on the path given to us by our creator. Our Community is special for when two or more are in prayer so will be our maker, this was my desire and this is where I am now, with Him.

-Sister Dominica Marie OPD

No comments:

We profess the Gospel of Christ and love for the Traditions of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, founded by Jesus and preserved by the Church and her bishops. May the Love of God guide us.

Hold My Hand